Dec 05 , 2022
Removing Hair Extensions Safely at Home
Getting hair extensions can give you a lot of opportunities to improve how your hair looks. They are great especially when you want to try out new styles. Clip in hair extensions can even protect your hair from over styling.
When putting your hair extensions for the first time, you can go to salons for help. But what if you want to take them off? Most hair extensions can last long, but what if you're in a situation that you need them off? Can you take them off yourself?
It is possible to take out your hair extensions on your own. But you also have to be careful about it. The worst-case scenario is resorting to cut off your hair. You can avoid this by knowing what to do before taking them off on your own.
How Do You Know It's Time to Remove Your Hair Extensions?
You can have the best hair extensions or those budget ones. Whichever type you have, the main goal is to not damage your natural hair. If you're not careful then you could destroy both your hair and extensions. You need to first know what kind of extensions you have.
- For clip-in extensions, you would want to use your fingers to remove them.
- Find the clips on your hair and press on them
- Once the clips open, you can remove them from your hair
- Do this with every clip in that you've added to your hair
- In case you feel any resistance, do not pull them out. Detangle them as gently as you can so you do not damage your own roots
You can also remove extensions that have been sewn in. It's not as scary as it seems. It also doesn't take that much time either.
- Look for the rows of sewn-in hair. You can use a mirror when doing this yourself
- Clip away your natural hair so you don't cut it
- Have small scissors ready and cut the thread attached to the weft
- Remember to cut the thread and not the weft or your hair
- It's important to keep feeling your hair if you've cut only the thread
- When all extensions are out, you have the braid left
- This is where you start looking for the beginning of the braid and start undoing it
If you have individual-bonded extensions, it's advised that professionals take them off. Installation and removal of this type of extension need the expertise of professionals. It's because the bonds are hard to break on your own. If you take it out by force it can damage your hair.
Bonded extensions themselves don't damage your hair. Most of the damage happens when you remove them in the wrong way. Have a professional call you or do the removal process for you.
Keeping Your Hair Extensions in Tip-Top Shape
Many hair styles for women work with help of extensions. This is why you can find a lot of versatile hair extensions available. From blonde hair extensions to braid hair extensions, you can intake your pick! You can look for hair extensions in Sydney and have a salon attach them for you. It's the best thing to do when you don't know how to do it yourself.
For sure, attaching and removing extensions is cheaper. But if you're not confident about your expertise, you have to get professionals to do it. If you're not careful then you can be damaging the hair extensions that you've spent money for.
Be careful when you have high-quality human hair extensions. These are more expensive than synthetic types. So taking them off without care can be very risky.
If you don't have access to any hair extension professionals near you, have a video call with them. This is the fastest and also the easiest way to get the help you need. Never attempt to remove your hair extensions if you don't know how to.
Don't take risks to damage your natural hair. Unlike extensions, you can't replace your natural hair. That's why you need to be careful and sure with the removal process.
When you've removed your hair extensions, give you real hair some rest. Treat it to an exfoliating treatment or a topical-in shower treatment. Refrain from using chemicals or bleach products so early on.